Sunday, March 1, 2015

Weekly Progress Report #9

I've let myself reach a truly uncomfortable weight again. My clothes are really starting to be too tight to be appropriate any longer, and I'm pretty unhappy with what I see when I look in the mirror right now. I'm beginning to suspect that a big part of the reason why I not only haven't been successful in losing weight, but have continued to put weight back on, is in large part because of my overall negative mental mindset.

Weight: 144.6 pounds
Weight Change: + 2.2 pounds (This is over the last 2 weeks since I chickened out on weighing myself last week, but figure it was probably what I weigh now.)


I don't really have a new plan at this point. To be completely honest, I'm feeling pretty down and defeated by the whole situation. I'm only about 5 pounds less than my absolute maximum (non-pregnancy) weight, and I clearly can't figure out how to reverse this trend. Back in 2010 I had decided that I needed to make a choice: resign myself to being a slightly overweight middle-aged woman, or make some real changes. I had just listened to a doctor berate my father for not making different choices that fall, and I decided that I wanted to lose weight. In 3 1/2 months I lost 35+ pounds. I don't even want to lose that much this time, I just need to figure out how to kick-start the weight-loss again. I'll let you know if I figure anything out.

No comments:

Post a Comment