Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Food Issues and Exciting Week


Yesterday I had what Suzanne Collins referred to as a "hollow day" in The Hunger Games book. The past couple of weeks I had been very dedicated and motivated to eat the proper amount of food to lose weight. I'm not sure why, but yesterday it just felt so much harder. Instead of feeling mild hunger and just ignoring it, I was feeling mild hunger and wanted to feed it...a lot of food. I managed not to give in all day even though I was working from home and food was readily available. But then we took my daughter out to dinner for her restaurant birthday dinner (yes, lots of activities in my family revolve around food, which is part of the problem), and I totally fell off the wagon. But I'm jumping right back on today.

Although I know that it's normal for weight loss to plateau for awhile, it's still hard to keep myself motivated when I'm not seeing movement on the scale. When the numbers go down each morning, it's like success feeds itself, but it takes a different level of self control when the numbers stop moving for several days. I know that I could very easily give up again right now; it's happened several times over the last couple of years. I've put in too much work to just throw it all out the window again. So today I'm eating the proper number of calories again.

We have a very exciting week planned out. Last night my husband and I bought new bikes (which is why I didn't post last night).


Close up of the color
We'd been planning on making this purchase for quite some time and had saved our pennies up. My husband just fell in love with a bright orange bike, although it's not a color to which he normally gravitates. I was having a harder time picking out my bike. I knew that I wanted a cruiser because I just don't enjoy riding the sports bikes where I'm bent over the handlebars as much. But most of  the cruisers were really girly with flowers everywhere. While I do love flowers, I don't like them on my modes of transportation. Then I saw this sage green bike that just had a nice, subdued paint job. I rode it around and decided this was the bike for me. It's only a 7-speed, but I knew I'd use it more if it wasn't too complicated to ride or maintain. Tonight we're planning on taking a family bike ride and my son is super excited as he loves riding his bike.

Thursday night we're taking our daughter to see The Breakfast Club in the theater. She loves this movie and we're treating her to special night alone with mom and dad. My son will be spending the evening with his grandparents and will get plenty of pampering himself. Then on Friday night my daughter and I are going to see Cinderella with my mom, mother-in-law, aunt, and sister-in-law.

My mom likes to have "girls night out" and she's been trying to organize one for ages. We were just never able to firm anything up and didn't fit it into the schedule. So when everyone was over on Sunday for my daughter's family birthday party and my sister-in-law mentioned that she really wanted to see Cinderella, we finally made a plan and set a date.

Lots of fun going on this week while the kids don't have school or homework! I just hope that the weather continues to cooperate with all of our plans since snow is forecast again for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment