Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Practicing Delayed Gratification

There a couple of horror-related items that I am currently anxiously awaiting...and I'll just have to keep waiting. The horror chick got me all jazzed to see Crimson Peak, and then Joe Hill and Stephen King got to see a screening of it and have been raving about it.







I looked up the release date and it doesn't come out until October 16th! I suppose a Halloween opening is fitting, but I wish everyone would stop talking about it since I don't get invited to screenings and just have to be patient.

I also found out last fall that Cemetery Dance Publications was coming out with a second edition of my favorite horror anthology ever, October Dreams 2. My husband ordered the hard cover edition for my birthday ($40 for a book, eek!) and it's supposed to arrive this month. While I do enjoy horror all year long, the first edition of this anthology was very specifically stories and author memories about Halloween. So I think even when it arrives, I should wait until September 23rd and the official start of autumn before I start reading it. It will be super challenging to have it just sitting there waiting, but I want to be in the right season for the stories.

I'm planning on talking to my son about this, because delayed gratification is something that he really struggles with as a result of his ADHD. He's made such drastic improvements lately that I think he might be ready to see me lead by example on this one. If any of you have children who struggle with ADHD and/or irritability, I highly recommend the fish oil (gummy) vitamins for children. The psychologist recommended that we try those and they really seem to be helping.

While I wait for autumn and all of its glories and rewards this year, I'll slow down and appreciate that spring is on its way. My neighbors have some pretty pink flowers blooming in their raised bed, so I couldn't resist sharing a picture. This one goes out especially to those of you who are still firmly entrenched in winter right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment