Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day


Happy St. Patrick's Day! I wore my green today. My mom got me this sweater for Christmas and I remember when I opened it thinking I'd be set for March 17th. My husband is making our traditional St. Patrick's day meal of cheddar scones and corned beef. I was really careful with my food earlier today so I'd have the 687 calories left that I needed for this dinner because it's so yummy I didn't want to miss it.

I finally figured out looking at this picture of myself why I don't like pictures of myself. My left eye opens wider than my right eye (this is something lots of people in my family have), and the right side of my mouth lifts higher than the left when I smile. I don't think I would judge anyone else on this, but I certainly do judge myself.  The other part of the problem is that I'm not used to seeing myself this way, I'm used to a mirror image, so I always just think I look weird in pictures. While losing weight won't help with any of this, I'll feel better overall so maybe I won't mind the pictures so much.

It wasn't quite as warm today as it has been the last couple of days. Today's high was only 58. Though it was still mostly sunny and spring is definitely here to stay now, even though it doesn't officially start until Friday (which is also my daughter's 14th birthday).

Enjoy your day, however you choose to celebrate or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment