Tuesday, March 10, 2015

I Miss My Hour

I didn't write a post yesterday because after working all day, helping (a.k.a. cajoling, fighting...) my son with his homework, and taking a walk with my husband, I was too worn out to do anything but plop on the couch until it was time to crawl into bed. I know it's only a one hour time change, but at the moment it feels like I'm getting up at 3:15 in the morning, and that's really, really early.

I am enjoying the sunlight later in the evening though, so I know I should focus on the positive and stop worrying about the sleep. It would be easier to do if I wasn't so weary. I feel like my brain isn't fully functioning and that it's taking longer for me to reach simple conclusions and make decisions today. Yesterday wasn't as bad for some reason, but this second work day following the daylight saving time change is having a rather negative effect on me. Sigh...

For the first time in a long time, I feel like I'm actually in the right head-space to start making some real progress on weight-loss. However, I don't want to discuss it too much as I've found that I operate in this strange paradox where discussing it actually makes me less likely to succeed. So I'll keep up with my progress reports, but probably won't discuss much of what I'm doing until I've had some real, lasting success.

We've had some beautiful weather recently and I'm getting very excited for spring now. I'm ready to start seeing some color and blooms again. Though I know we'll probably have more snow, the time is getting closer. This photo is from May of last year, but it fits my mood today.

No comments:

Post a Comment