Thursday, March 26, 2015

Flowers and Hassels

The cherry tree in my backyard is starting to bloom
Tonight's the night we're taking our daughter to see The Breakfast Club in the theater. I don't think I ever even saw that movie in the theater. I think the first time I saw it was on VHS at a sleepover. So I'm probably just as excited to see it as she is. I'm also looking forward to having some time to focus on just one child while my son is with his grandparents.

I'm glad we're doing something fun this evening since I had to start the morning off at the DMV to get my driver's license renewed. I had been told (thank goodness) that I needed to be there by 6:30 to stand in line outside for when it opened at 8:00. I was probably tenth in line, and by the time they opened the doors, the line was so long that they couldn't get everyone into the building. While it stunk to stand in line in 30 degree weather for an hour and a half (with people smoking), I was done by 8:30. I can't even begin to imagine how many hours the people at the end of the line had to wait. Colorado allows you to renew your license online 2 times before you have to appear in person for a new picture again, so luckily I won't have to do this again for 15 years. Except when I have to take my daughter to get her license in 2 years.

Since we have plans for tonight, I won't get to ride my new bike again this evening. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to though, since I work a half day on Fridays. It's warmed up to about 60 now and I'm kind of bummed that I can't get outside in the sunny weather. Oh well, I guess there's always this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment