Sunday, March 22, 2015

Weekly Progress Report #12


We've got our deck furniture out and we even ate dinner outside last night, though it was a little chilly after the sun started to go down. Spring is in full swing here in Denver. Chances are pretty good that we'll get at least one more snow, but for now it's sunny, warm, and beautiful.

Weight: 140.8 pounds

Weight Change: -0.2 pounds


This week wasn't nearly as drastic as last week even though I was just as dedicated. I'm trying not feel too discouraged since I know this is a normal part of the process, and last week wasn't a normal pace at which to lose weight.

I'm making an effort to really watch my language these days. My hair and nails had gotten pretty long not out of preference, but because I just never did anything about it. When people commented on it I would reply that it wasn't because I liked them long, I was just lazy. But that isn't true. I'm not a lazy person. The real issue was that I was choosing to spend on time on things that were more important to me than personal grooming. As long as I looked clean I wasn't overly worried about it. This weekend I decided that the length had become inconvenient enough that I was willing to give up time for other things to take care of it.

I still found time to read a book though. I recently watched a mediocre horror film (as so many of them are, sadly) called Devil's Pass. While the movie itself wasn't very insightful, it was based on a true incident that I decided I wanted to learn more about. So I did a little research and found a book called Dead Mountain: The Untold True Story of the Dyatlov Pass Incident. It was very well written and I devoured the book in just a little over a day. I don't know if the author really discovered the true reason that nine experienced hikers abandoned their tent in subzero temperatures without adequate clothing, but at least there seems to be some evidence for his theory. I'd highly recommend it if you have any interest in historical mysteries.

My kids and husband are on spring break this week. While I don't have time off from work, it's still like a small vacation for me since I don't have to monitor homework all week. I hope that whatever your week brings, you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment