Thursday, March 12, 2015

Busy Life and Sunrise

Last night was another crazy night in our household. My son's homework load was rather overwhelming, though this was his fault for not doing his work in class. He's actually doing so much better now than he was for awhile, but his current teacher thinks that by setting him up to fail she'll teach him responsibility. I wish she'd listen to us that the "hard-ass" methods just don't work with him. Anyway...we also had piano lessons and middle school orientation. I think it was sort of fun for my daughter to show her little brother around the school. We got home and had to write an email to my son's principal about setting up a meeting with him and my son's teacher. By that time, it was just time to collapse and get some sleep.

I had to move into a different hallway at work this week due to the recent lay-offs and consolidating office space. I can still see Pike's peak looking southwest out my window, but now I can also see the sunrise looking southeast out my window. There's a tall building directly south of my window, and it blocks the sun during the day, so I get some nice views without the hassle of sun on my computer screens. The sunrise was spectacular this morning since we had some cloud cover. I looked out at one point and thought it looked beautiful so I snapped a photo (with my camera phone through a window). Then I turned around a few minutes later, and it was even prettier. This happened a few more times, so I have a photo progression of the beautiful sunrise this morning.








I'm still struggling with the time change. I did fine most of the day on Monday, but starting on Tuesday, I was just wiped out. I'm hoping that I'll be better next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment