Sunday, March 8, 2015

Back to Reality, Minus 1 Hour

Another weekend in Estes Park has come and gone. Yesterday afternoon I took a walk around the grounds of the cabin and saw some elk with large antlers. These two were grazing on the hillside and first the one on the left looked up as I snapped a photo, then the one on the right.



This one was by himself much closer to the cabin.
UPDATE: I just realized that this elk is not alone. There is another male elk behind him in the bushes with huge antlers. I didn't even notice when I took the photo! I'm feeling rather sheepish at the moment.

We headed down the mountain this morning so that we could get home and get our weekend chores done in one afternoon. Here's our snowshoes drying off in the sun.

We wanted to make sure to get started at a good time this morning since we lost an hour today. I'm not going to enjoy waking up tomorrow morning at what's going to feel like 3:15 to me. Though the extra sunshine in the afternoon will be nice.

I hope you all had a nice weekend and enjoy the start of your week without feeling too tired, especially those of you in areas where daylight saving time is now in effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment