Monday, June 9, 2014

One of Those Days

Have you ever had one of those days where for some reason you just don't feel like you're firing on all cylinders?  I'm not sure exactly what my problem is today, but I'm feeling inadequate.  It makes me not want to even write a blog post because I'm fighting the thought, "why would anyone even care what I have to say?  What makes me think I'm interesting enough to even be writing a blog?"  Do you ever wonder what you have to offer?  Some days I'm not sure why anyone would be interested in hearing what I have to say.

I'm decent at math, but I'm not one of those amazing super-genius types about which TV shows are made.  I can take nice pictures, but I'm certainly not supporting myself on my photography.  I'm providing a safe and loving home for my children, but I don't have any amazing parenting answers.  I have one child who just does what she's supposed to do (I don't really know why) and another child who becomes defiant and difficult EVERY SINGLE TIME he needs to accomplish something, like a chore.  I'm really working on making good choices, but I fail at least as often as I succeed.  I've been seriously trying to lose weight for 20 weeks and have less than 2 pounds to show for it.

Why, oh why would anyone be interested in anything that I have to say?  Maybe because it really does help motivate other people to know that regardless of how hard I try, I'm still a fallible human being.  Maybe if someone as imperfect as me can manage to make good choices on occasion, then it will give others hope that they'll be able to do the same.  I do hope that honesty and sharing my struggles inspires someone else to keep trying, because it really is about the journey, not the destination.


No comments:

Post a Comment