Saturday, June 21, 2014

Photos from the Hike

My husband and I got in a nice hike today, although it wasn't the hike we were planning to do.  You probably heard that Colorado had terrible floods last fall.  The trail to the old mountain homesteads was washed out and closed.  So we went up into Rocky Mountain National Park and attempted to hike up to one of the lakes, but that trail was also washed out by the floods.  You can see in some of the photos below how much erosion occurred.  Even the trail we finally ended up on had some diversions in places where the original trail just didn't exist any longer.

My husband teased me about how many pictures I was taking, but he was sure to point out some good photo ops to me.  I'm not attaching all the pictures I took, just a few of the highlights.  Enjoy!










No comments:

Post a Comment