Sunday, June 8, 2014

Weekly Weigh In

If you could hear me, you'd hear the deep sigh I'm fetching right now.  I essentially maintained this week, going up by 1/10th of a pound.  The only thing that's ever really worked for me to lose weight is strictly counting my calories.  I don't know why I just don't want to do that right now; I'll do good a for a couple of days and then it's like my subconscious is sending up a rebellion and just won't do it.  This is incredibly frustrating.  I'm not entirely sure what I need to do to get my head back in the game here, but I hope I figure it out soon, this is kind of pathetic twenty weeks in.


My daughter called this morning while she was enjoying a late lunch in Venice.  Of course it was about a quarter until five here, so there went my day to sleep in.  But it was good to hear her voice after more than a week.  We'd exchanged texts, but this was the first time I'd actually spoken to her.  I get to pick her up from the airport on Friday evening, and I can't hardly wait!  It sounds like they're having an amazing time and seeing some wonderful sights.  Hopefully she'll have a couple of pictures that I can share when she gets back.

My son and I went on a bike ride yesterday morning.  I know this may not seem like a big deal, but my son was a late learner on the bike so it was a real milestone.  My husband wouldn't ever let him use training wheels, and the bike he'd picked out when he was six had a strange design with the pedals in front of his legs, so he couldn't get the proper leverage to really pedal.  Finally last summer (when he was nine) he learned how to ride that bike, but he just never got very smooth.  So for his tenth birthday he got a new bike with a more traditional design, and he rode fabulously yesterday.  Now I need to get a new bike because I was just using my husband's old bike that he'd given to my daughter.  I figured there was no need for all of us to have our own bikes since my son couldn't ride so we couldn't go on a family ride.  Now that's a real possibility, so I guess I need to spend more money.  Oh well!

I'm getting ready to go back to work tomorrow, physically and mentally.  I am really making an effort to have the proper mindset heading into the week so that I'm not so miserable at work, or so stressed out that it manifests in physical symptoms.  Since all of the tests the doctor ran were negative, I'm convinced stress is the cause of all the health problems I've been having, probably including the weight that seems to be here to stay.  So part of being healthy and making the right choices is properly dealing with stress.  Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment