Friday, June 13, 2014

Chicago Photos

This morning I was walking through a part of downtown Denver that I don't normally see on my way to an offsite meeting.  I was appreciating the early 20th century architectural detail on some of the buildings and was reminded of all the interesting buildings in Chicago.  I took several pictures last year when I was there twice; once for business, once for pleasure.  I thought I'd share of few of these pictures and provide a break from my usual nature photos.

These pictures are from a business trip in March of 2013.  They were all taken with my camera phone (which wasn't even the same quality as my phone now) and aren't as technically good, but they do capture some of the ornamentation and achitecture.







These pictures were from the summer of 2013 when we spent a couple of days in Chicago before heading out to my grandma's farm in eastern-central Illinois to visit the family.  Since this trip was for pleasure, I had my camera with me and most of those are better photos.  Although the three pictures starting with the Field Museum were also on my camera phone because we were visiting several museums that day and I didn't want to haul my big camera around.









The pool at the Hotel Intercontinental




It's sort of interesting to look back on these and remember when I wasn't spending as much time honing my photography skills.  I can actually view the difference in quality resulting from additional practice between last spring and summer.  I know some of the difference is due to the camera quality and megapixels; but I like to think that some of it is due to more focused and deliberate practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment