Sunday, June 15, 2014

Weekly Weigh-In and Father's Day

No good news to report on the weigh-in.  I really thought I was making some progress this week with my approach to eating, but it didn't manifest in the numbers.  I'm not, however, giving up hope yet, because I think if I keep doing what I was doing this week, I will see a change in my weight.

Weight:  135.2


I'm struggling with Father's Day this year.  I want to celebrate my husband who is a good father to our children and for whom I'm so grateful to have as a partner in this parenting adventure.  But I'm having a really hard time with all of the ads and news since this is the first Father's Day I don't have a father.  At work I got an email from an airline with the subject line:  Surprise Dad With a Visit!  I subscribe to the Good News feed on Huffington Post (because I need that to offset all the bad news out there) and there was a story with pictures of dads and daughters on their wedding day.  It was very sweet, but I couldn't manage to look at very many of the photos.

I knew today was going to be difficult, so I can't claim surprise.  I just hope that I can manage to keep it together well enough not to impact the celebrations we have planned for my husband and my father-in-law.  I also hope my daughter can hold it together and not dampen the celebrations today.  She came back from Europe and we picked her up from the airport on Friday night.  She was happy to be home and to see us.  She even made her little brother give her a hug.  But starting yesterday afternoon around 3:00 PM when the time change was really impacting her, she's been pretty challenging.  She thinks we're being totally unreasonable not just letting her sleep whenever she wants to.  It took less than 24 hours for her to go from being happy to see us and grateful for the trip, to thinking we're awful and unreasonable.  Teenagers!  I guess this is just payback for the way I treated my parents at that age.  It's really too bad that my dad isn't here to see me suffer the way I made him suffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment