Wednesday, June 4, 2014

When the Cat's Away...

...the mice will play!

My daughter is in Europe and my husband is in Las Vegas.  It's just my son and me for several days, and I plan to spend as much time as possible playing and enjoying his company.  Which may mean that I need to get my old bike out of the shed, since he got a new bike for his birthday and doesn't want to do anything but ride.


The bike is just slightly too big for him, but the guy at the bike shop said you want to get one where they almost can't reach the ground so they can grow into it and not need a new one next season.  I appreciated that since it wasn't a cheap bike.  I think my son sees the bike as a new avenue to further independence.  I see it as a great way for him to get exercise, so it's a win-win.

Just a little while ago a friend of my son stopped by so they rode off together to go to the friend's house.  I don't know if I can adequately capture what a treat it is to be home alone when I don't have any responsibilities.  I know that I would be lonely if it was like this all the time, but since it's such a rare occurrence, I truly enjoy it.  So I'm off to do whatever I want to do, without worrying about what anyone else wants!

Here's hoping your evening is as enjoyable as mine's shaping up to be!

My roses are starting to bloom

I love snapdragons

Stormy afternoon sky


No comments:

Post a Comment