Wednesday, January 28, 2015

So Tired

I have a couple of questions that have plagued humanity for some time now:
  1. Why do the batteries in smoke and CO detectors always die at night?
  2. Why am I the only human being in my house who hears the chirp?
The carbon monoxide detector in my daughter's room started the low battery chirping sound last night at about 12:30.  It didn't wake anyone else up, not even my daughter.  She didn't even stir as I was stumbling around in her dark room trying to get it off the wall to replace the batteries.  Of course I couldn't go back to sleep for over an hour after getting it taken care of.  So I got to start off the day tired and grumpy!

I've always been big on keeping a journal.  I have my (frequently embarrassing) thoughts captured in pretty books going all the way back to college.  I didn't save the journals I created when I was younger than that, though now I wish I had.  It's nice to go back and reread those sometimes so I can remember what it felt like when I was all twitter-patted and falling in love with my husband, or the thoughts and feelings I had when I was getting ready to become a mother.  It's nice to look back and see growth, and occasionally some very good writing.



I still keep a physical journal today, partly because I just love the look of the book, partly because I know that the other journal I keep isn't completely safe.  You see, I also keep an electronic journal in my Google Drive documents.  It's very convenient since I can access it from anywhere, unlike a Word document.  But I'm not going to kid myself, the NSA could read about how frustrated I get at work if they felt so inclined, and were incredibly bored.

Lately I've been using my online, electronic journal a little differently.  I've started posting pictures and links to articles that interest me.  It's different than just a pure writing journal, but I find it useful to making my brain work and think about different ideas.  Now we'll see if it will help my to spend more time writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment