Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Creepy

I sometimes get pretty creeped out by the "suggested posts" on my Facebook feed.  Even though I've now benefited greatly from this, I'm actually still sort of creeped out by the algorithms that can tell so much about us, and I use statistics in my job.  However, I am pleased that I discovered a new blog through those eerily accurate data models called A Girl's Guide to Horror.  My taste isn't quite as indiscriminate as my obsession with this website would lead others to believe, but I'm still inordinately excited about finding this website.  I need to add several books to my reading list now, and maybe update my Netflix queue.

It's been a crazy busy couple of days.  My son's homework load over the last couple of nights has been rather overwhelming, and we're on watch with my husband's grandmother in Hospice.  I'm hoping that this coming weekend will be fairly low-key and relaxing so we can recharge and catch up (and so I'll have more time and energy to write).  

In the meantime, here's a photo of bare trees against the fading evening sky that I took while my kids were at piano lessons tonight.  I heard about the Topaz Simplify plug-in for Lightroom on another one of my favorite blogs, Digital Photography School.  This is the result of using one of the paint filters.




No comments:

Post a Comment