Sunday, January 11, 2015

2015 Weekly Progress Report #2

Weight:  141.8 pounds
Weekly Change:  -2.6 pounds


I did a good job this week with my food and calorie counting, and am making progress.  I am happy with those results, and with the self-control I exhibited when choosing meals this week.  Now I've just got to keep doing it.

Progress on my other goals:

  • Presence at home:  I did a pretty decent job this past week of not talking about work, until Friday.  I did make time to play games with my son and take my daughter shopping.  Plus my husband and I had a pseudo-date* when my mom took the kids out.  So overall I'd give this one a passing grade for the week.
  • Photography:  I continue to review my photos to determine what looks good and what didn't work so well, in an effort to take pictures differently in the future.  The biggest obstacle I'm running into here is time.  I know that in order to get some shots, I need to set up some of the additional equipment.  But since I do have a job and other responsibilities, I don't always have time to do so when I see something that would make a great shot.  So I made progress, but not as much as I would have liked.
  • Statistics:  I have found new uses for formulas in Excel out of necessity over the last week back at work.  I also started reading my new book about data visualization.  Last year I did read both Naked Statistics and The Signal and the Noise.  I didn't make any big leaps forward here, but I think slow and steady is the key to using data more effectively at work.
  • Writing:  Other than writing at this blog and in my journal, I've made zero progress here.  I have a story idea that I've been toying with, so hopefully I'll find the time and motivation to start working on it this week.


* We went to the movies together and saw The Imitation Game.  It was a very good movie, even if there were a few historical inaccuracies.  It was about Alan Turing and his team who cracked the German Enigma machine during WWII.  I highly recommend it if you're looking for a good film that makes you think a little.


No comments:

Post a Comment