Friday, January 30, 2015

Craving...Something

Do any of you ever find yourself with a very specific food craving, and you either can't figure out what it is you're craving, or you don't have it? Then end up eating way too much food in a vain attempt to satisfy that craving? Or is that just an issue that I have? Yesterday morning I had planned out my breakfast in advance but when I opened the refrigerator, we didn't have the ingredients I needed. My husband does the cooking and the shopping, (yeah, I'm lucky) and said I hadn't told him we needed the items. I've never had to tell him in the past because we consider these "staples" that he just always picks up. So, after playing the mental blame-game, I resigned myself to finding something else to eat for breakfast.

That started me down a road of eating too much the entire day in an attempt to satisfy the original craving. Yes, this a total excuse and the reality is that I failed yesterday, and it showed up on the scale today. I ate enough food to add 3 pounds to the number that showed up on the scale today versus yesterday. I have to assume that some of it is due to sodium since we ate out last night and restaurants are notorious for adding too much salt to their food. But regardless of the "actual" weight gain, I consumed too many calories yesterday.

I'm having difficulty pinpointing exactly what's causing me to deviate from my food plan right now. I think maybe it's just that I don't want to lose the weight badly enough. Or maybe it's because I'm not being kind enough to myself.

Then these three articles showed up in my reader today:

Either the universe was aligned today to support me, or I'm not the special little snowflake that I think I am and this is a pretty common struggle. While I'd like to think it's the former, the realist in me knows that the latter is much more likely.

The sun has been hidden behind low-hanging clouds all day today. When I left the house to walk down and pick my son up after school it was veiled but visible for a very short time. I'm glad I stopped to grab a quick photo on my phone even though I was a little late getting to the school, because it wasn't visible any longer as we were walking back home. Also, my son always takes his time at the end of the day, so I still had to wait for him even though I arrived three minutes after the bell rang.



No comments:

Post a Comment