Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Return to Normal

All of the visiting family has headed home today.  My cold is still here, but it hasn't turned into anything more severe, so I got up and did my workout this morning.  I will admit that I used wimpy weights because I was still feeling kind of drug-out, but I didn't miss it this morning.  My husband and I are back at work.  The kids are back at school.  Life has returned to its normal, busy but balanced, state.

Last night my husband and I were talking and we realized it had been over a week since we'd just had a normal family night at home.  Although we've been spending lots of time together, it hasn't been as a nuclear family, and I feel like I'm out out-of-touch with my family.  I'm so looking forward to a quiet evening of homework and a family dinner.

I realize that some folks in America are dealing with a whopper of a snow storm right now, but here they're talking about whether or not we're going to hit record high temperatures.  It's sunny and beautiful right now.  I suppose for most people (in the Northern hemisphere) that's not really normal for January, but this is Colorado, it's pretty standard to have some winter days in the upper 60s and 70s.






I'm sort of back at square one with my weight-loss.  Between family visits intertwined with food, a bad cold, and not working out every morning, I know I've put some weight back on.  But I've course corrected (again) and I'm getting back on track.  I really need to figure out how to stay on track when everything gets turned topsy-turvy.  Because the reality is that life is rarely predictable, and I can't keep making excuses and finding loop-holes for my health when things aren't following the normal pattern.  If any of my readers have any words of wisdom for making good food choices when life is in an uproar, I'd love to hear them!

Starting today, my posts should be more regular too.  It feels like life is always busy, but when a bunch of extra responsibilities and obligations are thrown into the mix, it feels nearly impossible to keep up.  This return to normal is evoking a big sense of relief!




No comments:

Post a Comment