Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Anniversary Dinner

I made it through day two eating properly, yay!  I am fighting a bit of a headache for the second day now since my body was so used to extra calories, but I'm not going to die.

I've also managed to stay fairly positive for the last two days at work.  One of my coworkers who tends to complain a great deal (but who I really like) returned today, so it was harder.  But even with that added obstacle, I still kept a fairly positive attitude.  I hope all of you are having some success with the goals and/or resolutions you set for 2015.

We're having my mom over for dinner tonight since today would have been her 42nd wedding anniversary.  I know this is going to be a tough evening for her, and I wanted her with her grandchildren instead of home potentially wallowing in grief.  I know she needs to experience the grief, but I don't want her to have to suffer more than necessary.

We've had an incredible warm-up over the last 2 days, and almost all of our snow and ice are gone.  Yesterday it was extremely windy in front of the warm weather, and that really did a number on the snow.  This is all we have left in our yard today.


I have to run and get ready for dinner, so don't have too much time to write now.  I promise a meatier post tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment