Monday, January 5, 2015

Return to Reality

After two wonderful weeks off with my family, I had to return to work this morning.  I didn't sleep at all well last night, so I'm a little punchy, but I made it through the first day back.  I could tell that it's been pretty cold for awhile now when I walked out my door this morning and it was 2 degrees (Fahrenheit) and I thought to myself, "meh, it's not that bad."  I read an article once that said being cold turns yellow fat into brown fat which is better for our bodies.  So I like to think that my walk from the bus stop to the office this morning had extra health benefits (though if I'm being honest, I feel pretty skeptical about that claim).

The view out my office window was pretty stunning, even if I wasn't able to capture it very well on my phone camera.



I got a new keyboard right before I went out on vacation, and I'm still struggling a bit to adjust to it.  I use keyboard shortcuts almost exclusively in Excel, and the Home, End, Page Up, and Page Down keys are all in different spots, so that's tripping me up at times.  But what's even worse is how the keyboard is laid out.  I use ergonomic split keyboards with no problem.  I use regular keyboards with no problem.  But this keyboard is like a hybrid, and I am having a difficult time knowing exactly how to place my hands.  (Told you, I'm punchy this evening!)



The sky was beautiful tonight when I had to run out to the store.  Once again I was stuck with the phone camera, so don't have a beautiful photo, just an interesting picture.



I also liked the way our icy street looked in the last of the daylight.  I had the real camera for this one.



I did manage to eat really well today.  It'll be one day at a time though, because anyone who's been reading for awhile knows that I've managed to have stretches previously where I ate well for several days.  So it's not the one day that I make a good choice, it's the sum of all the days of choices that matter when it comes to health and weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment