Sunday, January 25, 2015

Down and Out

In the midst of my husband's grandmother's Italian Catholic funeral, family in town, and eating weird things at weird times, I've managed to get really sick.  I don't get sick very often (for which I'm very grateful) so as a result, I tend to not deal with it very well.  My husband is being wonderful and picking up extra chores around the house even though he's dealing with stress and grief right now.  All of this is really to explain that I haven't bothered to weigh myself in a couple of days, though I suspect that just like last week I was doing really well until the weekend struck with especially difficult circumstances for eating.

Everything should return to normal by the middle of this week, so hopefully I'll be able to get back on track.  My biggest fear right now is that I'll end up with either a sinus infection or strep throat, which tends to be my M.O. when I get this sick.  This illness is also interfering with my ability to get a good workout in every morning, which is something I've always been consistent with even when I'm not eating right.  So frustrating!

I'm planning to return to regularly scheduled programming next week once everyone goes back home and our life returns to its normal dull roar without all these extra responsibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment