Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Weariness

I had intended to post last night, but I was so exhausted that I couldn't form a coherent thought.  The newness of school has worn off, and last night was quite the battle to get my son to complete his homework.  When you're utterly weary, the last thing you want to do is argue about getting homework done.  Plus, when I looked in his homework folder last night, I realized that he already didn't turn in the homework he completed last Friday.  That's one I'll never understand:  He does the work and just doesn't turn it in.  I was hoping that 5th grade was going to be the year where he'd have a better grasp on his responsibilities.  Sigh...

I don't have much more energy tonight, but at least I feel like my brain is functioning.  Homework was a battle again tonight.  My son actually answered a question on his math sheet saying "because of the stupid factor."  I made him delete "stupid" and he tried to replace it with "freaking."  And this is math, which he actually likes.  I hope they don't have regular writing homework this year.  But it did eventually get done.

I read a great short story today.  It's called The Day the Dead Came to Show and Tell by Mira Grant.  It's definitely not an uplifting story, it is in fact rather disturbing, but it's fun and well written.  So if anyone is looking for some short, well-written zombie fiction, I highly recommend it.

Here are a couple of photos from my walk with my husband tonight in a very light rain.




No comments:

Post a Comment