Thursday, August 14, 2014

Dealing with Disappointment


I was hoping to have some news to share, but things didn't work out the way I had anticipated.  I interviewed for a new job that seemed to be a perfect match for my skills and experience.  But I didn't get the job, so someone else probably had a better personality and was better at selling themselves.  I'm feeling a bit disappointed, but I'm trying to keep a positive attitude.  The biggest advantage to my current job is that it pays well.  I would have had to take a pay cut to accept this new role, which I would have been willing to do for a better commute and schedule.  But it wasn't to be.  So I'm really going to work on improving my emotional response to everything that's been going on recently at work.

My kids have both had colds recently, and of course now I feel like I'm coming down with it.  Maybe it's just a sign that I need to take it easy this weekend and relax.  I'll probably have another glass of wine tonight, that always helps a cold!

We had a lovely weather day here in Denver.  It was overcast, which is a nice treat for us since it's nearly always so sunny here.  Then it rained this afternoon and left everything smelling nice and looking fresh.  Tomorrow is a new day, and hopefully my disappointment will be short-lived.


No comments:

Post a Comment