Saturday, August 23, 2014

MIA

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days.  My first excuse is that I'm readjusting to how full our schedules are during the school year.  My other excuse is that I've been reading during pretty much every spare moment.  So I've neglected the blog and I do feel bad about that, although I've admitted previously that I sometimes have a problem when I'm reading, and I guess this is just another demonstration of said problem.

I was ready to have some more structure back in our lives, so I'm glad that the kids are back in school.  But it's also difficult to transition so quickly from very few responsibilities and a very open schedule, to homework, evening activities, and a jam-packed schedule.  The good news is that my daughter has always been very responsible and on top of her homework, and for the first time my son seems to understand the importance of his responsibilities and we haven't been arguing about getting his work done.  Hopefully it isn't just the newness and won't quickly wear off!

I tend to forget how much "homework" there is for parents during the school year.  The first day back wasn't too difficult since I had taken a day off of work.  But starting on the second day, I got home from work, starting filling and signing papers, then had to run my son to his first fall session of gymnastics.  By the time I got back home that evening, I was ready to crash.  Sometimes I can't believe how many forms and papers the schools send home for parents to complete.  If you don't stay on top of it, it quickly piles up and the school tends to get irritated.

I'm glad there were only three days of school this week before we got a weekend to catch our breath again.  I know it won't take long before the rhythm becomes familiar and it isn't as hard to keep up.  But I'm grateful for this weekend to catch up again.  My daughter and I will do our 5K this weekend, and I'll probably spend the rest of the time filling out school papers, doing laundry, paying bills, doing dishes...and reading!

I awoke to a rare foggy morning and couldn't resist taking a couple of pictures of the trees.



No comments:

Post a Comment