Sunday, August 31, 2014

Failure

One of the movies I watch with my kids every fall is Disney's The Haunted Mansion.  Eddie Murphy's character, Jim Evers, is at his low point in the film when he and Jennifer Tilly's character, Madame Leota, have a verbal exchange.
Jim Evers:  ...I tried!  I failed!
Madame Leota:  You try, you fail.  You try, you fail.  But the only true failure is when you stop trying.
Jim Evers:  What do you want me to do?  Huh?
Madame Leota:  Try again.
Jennifer Tilly's lines are delivered in a wonderfully dry and sarcastic manner.  This was running through my head this morning as I stood on the scale and realized that I really did horribly this week with my eating, and therefore my weight.  I'm back up to 138.7.


But I guess it's not true failure if I try to eat right again this week.  I don't think there's any way possible that I can lose 14 pounds by Halloween like I'd originally planned.  But hitting my goal a little later is still better than never hitting it at all.  So I'm going to "try again."

I got some nice pictures in the yard today.  It looks very much like late summer now.  I know that I always start anticipating the upcoming season earlier than I should, but I'm getting really excited for fall and all its related activities (included the movie I talked about earlier)!

Spiderweb on the rose bush

Late blooming rose

Shadows on leaves

Flowers in the whiskey barrel

Greenery in sunlight
This area will be very colorful soon

Cherries


No comments:

Post a Comment