Thursday, August 28, 2014

Stress Eating

So...after a couple of weeks of being really focused and making some progress, I've been stress eating again for the last couple of days.  Which of course means that my weigh-in this week probably won't show much progress.  I guess that means reaching my goal by Halloween is pretty much out the window.  But I'm not giving up, and I still hope to be closer to my goal by Halloween.

Today when I was going for the food I was fully aware that I shouldn't be eating, and that I was only doing so for emotional reasons.  But I just didn't stop because I've been dealing with so much emotionally that I wasn't willing to be strong at that moment.  I know there are better things that I can do to treat myself.  I could read for a few minutes.  I could go for a short walk.  I could listen to a guided meditation session.  If I have more time, I could take a bath by candlelight.  I didn't choose any of those things today.  Hopefully I'll make better choices tomorrow.

I saw another red leaf this morning.  Summer is definitely winding down.


No comments:

Post a Comment