Monday, August 18, 2014

Back to School Bonanza

We survived round one of back-to-school night, with another round to go tomorrow.  I will admit that tonight was somewhat difficult for me as it was my last ever back-to-school night for elementary school.  My son is starting fifth grade this year and next year will be at the middle school.  I did feel a little weepy a couple of times tonight walking through the halls, knowing that this would be the last school year I'd ever step foot in that school.  My husband went to elementary school there, and it's the school where I worked for a few years during and right after college.  So it's going to be hard to say goodbye.

I'm really exhausted emotionally from this, and physically I'm also really wiped out.  I couldn't sleep last night, no particular reason, which isn't actually that unusual for me.  But I'm normally so exhausted that I fall asleep pretty easily, and then just can't fall back asleep when I inevitably wake up in the middle of the night.  I usually only have trouble falling asleep when I've had caffeine too late in the day.  I didn't have caffeine yesterday after about 9:00 in the morning, so I have no idea why I couldn't fall asleep last night.  Then I still woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep.  So hopefully I'll sleep tonight since I desperately need some rejuvenating rest for both my physical and emotional well-being.



No comments:

Post a Comment