Sunday, August 17, 2014

Progress Report

I wanted to report in on the progress I've been making since I posted recently about some things I'm working on.

First, the weight.  I actually held my own and did pretty good over vacation, but with the stress of recent job searching (fruitless), I started putting some weight back on.  So I'm starting my tracking fresh again.  Last week I got to my heaviest weight in about 4 years at 139 pounds.  I made some progress this week since I've started to get serious again, and I'm back down to 137.1 as of this morning.  I am trying to reach 125 by Halloween.  That means I need to lose 14 pounds in 13 weeks.  It may not be possible to lose a little over 1 pound on average each week, but I'm going to try to at least get close.


The next goal was to focus more on the positives and being grateful.  I knew this would be the hardest goal for me as I'm rarely content.  I think that it's in my makeup to constantly yearn for something better.  It's actually a very helpful trait at work as I'm never content to rest on my laurels, and am always looking for a better way to do things.  But it's a trait that can interfere with my happiness because I spend too much time thinking about how things could be better, and not enough time appreciating how wonderful my life actually is right now.  I think I'm doing better with this, but I need to really make sure that I'm watching my thoughts.  I do have so much to be grateful for, starting with my family and our relatively comfortable life.  So I'm going to keep my focus there and try to remain positive.

The final goal I listed was to spend more time with my friends.  I did have lunch this past Friday with a former co-worker and good friend.  I'm going to reach out to another friend and schedule lunch or happy hour soon.  I'm also going to set up a dinner with my sister-in-law when they return from vacation.  I need to nurture some of these adult female relationships for my own mental well-being.  So I got a good start on that goal.


For now I suppose I ought to get back to my chores.  That laundry isn't going to fold itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment