Thursday, August 7, 2014

Photo Edits and Struggles

I've started playing with some fairly simple photo editing, and I have to admit that I'm having fun with it.  I'm also really liking the result I get sometimes.  It makes me feel kind of artistic.  I'm not going to stop taking and sharing pictures SOOC (straight out of the camera for those of you who don't want to google the acronym), but this provides some variety and adds some spice to my life!


We've got a thunderstorm rolling through this evening.  This is our second wave today, we also got hammered at lunch time.  It's kind of nice to listen to the thunder and see the flashes of lightning; provided that I'm inside!


I'm glad that I have this distraction right now.  Things have been a bit difficult both at work and at home this week.  There is one person who I work with who is just extremely challenging.  I'm sure this person isn't maliciously choosing to be difficult, that this individual believes their behaviors are justified and right.  I need to remind myself of this though because sometimes it feels mean and purposely adversarial.  I need to relax and not let this get to me because feeling upset about it only hurts me, and what's the point in that?  The best way to handle this is to take care of myself and stop worrying about it.  But it is easier said than done!

I'm also struggling a bit with my daughter.  She's 13 now and definitely a teenager.  It seems like everything I say or do right now is the wrong thing.  My husband isn't having as much trouble as I am, although I'm not sure what I'm doing that's so different.  I know this is just a phase, and that she's actually much easier on us than I was on my parents at this age.  I'm surprised my parents wanted anything to do with me when I was 13, I was terrible to them!  So maybe it's just time for my payback, and I just need to suck it up and deal with it.  The good thing is that she usually calms down after a bit and she's very good about apologizing.  So there's my silver lining.

No comments:

Post a Comment