Saturday, August 9, 2014

Peace and Weight


This morning I ate breakfast on my deck surrounded by green trees.  I brought my current book (The Queen of Bedlam by Robert McCammon) with me and sat there sipping my tea until my daughter got up.  Then she sat out there with me and we visited.  It was about 62 degrees, peaceful, and wonderful.  While there are several noises in the neighborhood now (about 10:00), things were still very sleepy a couple of hours ago.

Since I work outside of the house full-time and we're usually fairly busy on the weekends, eating a leisurely breakfast on my back deck is a rare treat.  I would probably take it for granted if I got to do it all the time.  Maybe it's good that several of the things that I like to do can't be indulged in too often.  I think the rarity makes me far more likely to savor each moment.

I had been toying with the idea (again) of giving up on trying to lose weight.  I figured that I'm not actually overweight and I work out regularly so maybe it wasn't a big deal.  But then yesterday I had to put on my business suit and was forcefully reminded that I really have put too much weight back on.  So it's time to stop making excusing and justifications for my eating, since that's the root of the issue.  It's time to get serious again about making healthy eating choices, and it's time to stop ingesting so many calories.  It's painfully obvious that my body doesn't need that many calories and can't properly use them.  So time to redouble my efforts...again!

No comments:

Post a Comment