Monday, February 9, 2015

Unique Challenges

It's another sunny, warm, beautiful day here in Denver. If you happen to be in a place that is experiencing harsh winter weather, don't feel too jealous; this is coming to an end by Wednesday when it's supposed to get cold and snow again.



I feel pretty fortunate to have two children. They both offer such unique challenges that I never feel like I'm duplicating my parenting efforts. My daughter is so easy to deal with when it comes to responsibilities because she's so self-motivated. I never have to worry about anything that's going on at school because she's always all over it. She can be a moody teenager at times, but I still think she's easier than I was at her age. My son is much less responsible, and I have to constantly keep my pulse on what's happening at school so he doesn't miss something. He has a wonderful sense of humor though, and loves to explore which makes him fun to be around.

One other difference that I finally put a number to this weekend is in clothes. I do the laundry once a week, and when I pulled the empty hangers out of my son's closet there were 7. This makes perfect sense when considering the timing of the laundry. When I pulled the empty hangers out of my daughter's closet, there were 23. I kid you not, 23 empty hangers. That's an average of more than 3 shirts per day! I know she likes to dress in layers and likes to change sometimes (though luckily not as frequently as she did when she was younger), but I hadn't realized how much extra laundry I was doing each week. (Yes, I realize that I should probably make her do her own laundry, but there will be plenty of time for her to do laundry when she's older, I want her to get to be a kid right now). It's a good thing to be presented with unique challenges from each child.


No comments:

Post a Comment