Friday, February 13, 2015

Music and Monsters


Sunset out my window

If you've read this blog for any length of time, you know about my love of the horror genre. I still had to chuckle to myself this morning on my walk when I realized how many of the songs on my energy playlist were about horror topics. There are songs about vampires (Bloodletting by Concrete Blonde), werewolves (The Howling by Within Temptation), zombies (Living Dead Girl by Rob Zombie), and monsters (Monster by Skillet). Some of these songs are literally about monsters, and others use monster as a metaphor for our own personal demons.

It's been a challenging and busy week here, and I'm so ready for this weekend. My husband and I are going out for valentine's dinner tomorrow at a restaurant in the foothills outside of Boulder. The food is fabulous and the setting is gorgeous. My kids are spending the night with my mom so we get the whole evening to ourselves. I hope all of you have a great valentine's weekend also!

No comments:

Post a Comment