Thursday, February 19, 2015

Stressed Out

I had a thoughtful, coherent post planned out for today. I was thinking about it while I was doing my workout this morning and I recorded myself so I wouldn't forget what I wanted to write. Then work happened today, and now I don't have it in me to write anything meaningful, or for that matter, very upbeat.

Today was one of the cruddiest days I've had in a long time. I've got 4 huge projects going on in addition to my regular job duties; and my boss keeps giving me random updates on each of them and expecting me to stop whatever I'm doing and get her updated data and information on whichever project she's thinking about immediately. 'Cause that's not a recipe for errors. (We still need someone to invent a sarcasm font). Also, there's more sinister stuff going on at work which I'm not at liberty to discuss quite yet. But let's just say that it makes it even harder to deal with all of this given the background I'm working within right now.

I am currently self-medicating with a glass of wine as I continue to respond to work emails. Unfortunately there was only one glass worth of wine left in the bottom of the bottle. At this rate, I may have to break into the heavier stuff tonight. Or maybe I should just shut the computer down soon.



One good thing is that we're supposed to get snow this weekend, lots of it.


While this may put a damper on my birthday plans with my in-laws, I'm so excited to get a big snow and be able to be at home with my family in front of the fire!

Maybe tomorrow evening I'll be able to write the post I'd originally planned for today. In the meantime, I'd better get back to my work emails, although I've put in about 11 hours today, I'm going to have to quit soon because my brain is going to stop functioning properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment