Sunday, February 15, 2015

2015 Weekly Progress Report #7 and 41 Years

Weight: 142.4 pounds
Weight Change: - 0.3 pounds


I didn't do much this week, but the fact that I made any progress is actually pretty encouraging since my husband and I went out for our Valentine's dinner last night and had a fancy four-course meal. I think my new approach of trying to be sensible but less strict will work well, but that it will take longer. Although I suppose taking longer to lose weight is actually a good thing and more sustainable, so right now at least, I think I'm in a good place.

Today is my 41st birthday. I got to have breakfast out with my husband, and then he and the kids gave me a book about using Lightroom and Photoshop, along with a subscription to Photoshop (they got me Lightroom at Christmas). So now I should be able to do some really interesting things with my pictures. That is, if I can find the time to do so. Unfortunately this is a very busy time at work for me, so right now I'm not even taking very many photographs, let alone editing them. We'll be going to Estes Park in a couple of weekends so I should have some additional opportunities for some nice photos. Then this summer we're going to Ireland, so I'm hoping to get lots of pictures there. At that point work will have slowed back down so maybe I'll get to really play then.

I did take a picture of myself today to capture what I look like on my birthday. I know that I should be kinder to myself, but of course I see every flaw in this photo. Though my husband and daughter both liked it, so I decided to go ahead and share it. I used my tripod and remote trigger to get this picture. I took it in our front room because I liked the light.


Tonight we're going to my mom's house and she's making Santa Fe soup for dinner. Then tomorrow my husband is making lasagna and sweet and salty peanut butter mousse torte for dessert. It's basically a giant peanut butter cup in pie format. So I'm getting a yummy 41st birthday celebration!

I hope you all have a great week. I'll try to keep writing regular posts, though the next couple of weeks may be spotty due to my current demands at work and keeping up at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment