Thursday, February 12, 2015

Just Checkin' In

Wow! It's been a crazy couple of days around here. We had parent-teacher conferences on Tuesday and Wednesday night, in addition to piano lessons, band practice, and homework. I'm still sitting on my work email tonight after getting to the office at 6:30 this morning because we're in the middle of a crunch time. Though I'm currently as caught up as I can be until two more slackers who missed the deadline get their information to me, so I'm taking a few minutes to write a post. To top everything off, I haven't slept through the night in about a week again. So I'm tired and I haven't had much time to check in this week.

I did have one very nice surprise today. My brother, who works as a construction foreman, is working on a job site that's fairly close to my office downtown. So he emailed me today and asked if I could meet for lunch. I was planning on working through lunch, but given the volume of work that's come in tonight I'm especially glad that I took the hour to go and hang out with my (38-year old) baby brother today.

I had a rough food day again on Tuesday, but the past couple of days have been really good again, even with the unexpected lunch date. I read an interesting article this week that really made me stop and think. I was so focused back in 2011 when I lost 35 pounds in 3 1/2 months. I started putting some weight back on after about 1 year, and have been trying since about mid-2012 to lose weight again, and haven't been able to recapture that success. So the question the woman answered about what's different this time is really resonating with me.

I'm still doing great with my workouts, so I feel good about that because I know I'm probably fairly healthy overall. I just haven't been able to get my eating under control. I've been trying a different approach for the past couple of weeks where I'm not counting the calories as much as being mindful about what and how much I eat. Other than my disaster on Tuesday, it seems to be working and I feel less like I'm punishing or restricting myself. I was thinking this afternoon as I drove home from the bus stop that I'm just uncomfortable at this weight, and I should be thinking of losing the weight as a gift to myself to feel more comfortable.

So, we'll see how this goes with a different mindset and plan. I have to agree with the woman in the article and say I don't know why this time should be any different, but I sure hope it is! I'm also hopeful that things will slow back down just a bit because I've hardly had any time to take any photos. I did capture these two on Tuesday afternoon, but haven't picked up my camera since! Oh, and we didn't get our forecasted snow on Wednesday. Bummer!



No comments:

Post a Comment