Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Music That Moves Me

Last night I did something really stupid: My husband caught the cold that I was fighting about a week ago and went to bed early last night. Instead of being smart and going to bed at the same time, I stayed up to watch a movie on Netflix. The entire movie, and it wasn't even a horror film, it was a romance! So I climbed into bed after 10, couldn't fall asleep for quite awhile, didn't sleep through the night, and then still had to get up at 4:15 this morning.

Needless to say, I was extremely fatigued and didn't feel much like doing a workout. But whether I felt like it or not, I needed to do it. So I put on a playlist that I created and titled "Energy." I have some of my favorite songs by my favorite hard-rock artists on this list. This is a small sampling of the songs that help me to get up and move:
  • My Judgment by Ignite
  • Savior by Rise Against
  • Time of Dying by Three Days Grace
  • Afterlife by Avenged Sevenfold
  • Ten Thousand Fists by Disturbed
  • Living Dead Girl by Rob Zombie
  • Zombie Zoo by Tom Petty
  • Amaranth by Nightwish
There are several other songs and a few other artists on the list, but these are probably my favorites. In fact, I'd recommend the entire albums that these songs are pulled from for your listening pleasure. I was having problems staying awake at my desk today, but I felt energized during my workout thanks to the music. I know some people don't need or use music when they workout, but I just don't think I'd have much success without it.

We got another snow today, though it was only a couple of inches this time, and had already started to melt by this afternoon.

Snow on the evergreen tree
Snow in the rocks

No comments:

Post a Comment