Friday, February 20, 2015

Something Wintry This Way Comes

The mountains are disappearing behind heavy, gray clouds and the temperature is dropping rapidly. We may not get the extreme storm that the weather prognosticators are currently predicting, but I think we're definitely going to get something. I realize it's nothing compared to what some people on the east coast are experiencing, but I'm glad we're getting some real winter weather.

While I had another very stressful day at work, I'm doing a much better job at leaving it there today. I think part of it was that I got to have lunch with a former co-worker who became one of my dearest friends over the years. When we started working together, her daughter had just turned two and I didn't have any children yet. Her daughter is going to graduate from high school this spring, and mine is going to start high school this fall. Tempus fugit! It was so good to catch up and have some laughs together.

A couple of nights ago the last of the sunlight made for a beautiful evening sky.

I grabbed a picture of the last of the snow on the hill over the creek yesterday afternoon. It's good that we're getting more since this is gone today.

This afternoon the clouds started moving into the western sky in advance of the storm.

The sun peeked through the clouds briefly this afternoon and lit the trees up against the darker eastern sky.

My husband and I are currently watching Storm of the Century and it'll be so much more fun to watch with the snow falling and the wind howling outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment