Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Difference in Children

My kids look an awful lot alike,  since they both look like so much like their father.  But they almost couldn't be any different.  I have one who I have to constantly remind to relax and not take everything so seriously; and one who I have to constantly remind to do the right thing.  Sometimes it leaves me a bit dizzy.  Balancing parenting two very different children with what is currently a pretty stressful time at work for both my husband and me isn't leaving me with much in my tank right now.

Earlier tonight I was thinking that I can't possibly tell my son EVERY single thing he shouldn't do, that he's got to learn to apply some common sense and think things through.  We are meeting with a new therapist this coming weekend and I'm really hoping that she can help us with some strategies for helping our children and dealing with our own stress.  I've said it before, but it bears repeating:  Parenting is the most rewarding and the most difficult thing I've ever done.

On another note, I didn't post a weigh-in this weekend since I was in Estes Park and nowhere near a scale.  I'll be back to weekly updates next weekend.  For tonight I need to go to bed so I can replenish some of my energy and be able to deal with whatever parenting surprises tomorrow may bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment