Saturday, February 22, 2014

Estes Park!

We're enjoying our annual weekend in Estes Park with my family.  Right now I'm sitting next to a fire compliments of my brother, and listening to my husband strumming softly on his guitar.  This is such a relaxing time and place for me.


Today we had the best snowshoeing trip we've had in years.  There was a very significant base and then 2 weekends ago Bear Lake got 3 feet of snow.  There was so much fresh powder it was tons of fun.  Like most years when we were standing in the parking lot in the whipping wind while our hands were going numb from strapping on both our snowshoes and the kid's; I think, "why are we doing this to ourselves?"  But like every other time, as soon as we get back in the trees and the blood starts pumping, I remember how much fun it is.  This year my daughter went with the grown ups, rather than playing at the big lake.  The only picture I got was of my daughter, brother, and nephew in the parking lot.  It was so windy and snowy today that I didn't want to risk anything happening to my camera.


The views weren't quite as majestic as usual since it was snowing and windy, but the snow covered trees were simply beautiful.  At one point we were walking through some trees and the wind suddenly whipped up and we got covered with all the snow that had previously been on the trees.  It was a very good workout, and tonight I'm going to eat my lemon pudding birthday cake with no qualms.

Estes Park is one of the prettiest places in Colorado with amazing views and lots of wildlife.  Please enjoy the pictures from the day!








2 comments:

  1. Oh, I miss Estes Park!!! (Is the chocolate shop still there? I think it was called the Chocolate Drop, or something...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We actually never even went into town, so I'm not sure if the shop is still there or not. They had some damage from the floods this past fall in town and all of the roads in were closed for a time. So I'm hoping that there weren't too many businesses that were forced to close due to the flooding and loss of business.
      We'll be back this summer, and I'll check out the chocolate shop and let you know if it's still there. (Maybe I'll even have a chocolate so you can live vicariously, that's me, always willing to take one for the team!)

      Delete