Thursday, February 13, 2014

Workout Check In

I've been doing cardio workouts most mornings recently and decided I needed to make sure and get some strength training in too (which can also be a cardio workout!)  This morning I used an app that I purchased called Skimble Workout Trainer.  It wasn't cheap, I think it was $15.99, but I really like it because it provides videos and lots of different pre-built workout options.  There is a free version, but the workout choices are much more limited.  I thought I was going to be pretty sore after all those squats, but I must be in slightly better shape than I had realized, as I'm feeling alright.  Although I guess the real test will be tomorrow morning.

I decided to post my weigh-in from this morning to try and keep myself honest this weekend.  The scale showed 133 pounds this morning, so I'm down 3 pounds from when I started, and about 3 1/2 pounds from last Sunday which is my normal weigh-in day.  The thing is, I have a birthday coming up this weekend.  I'm going to be 40.  I guess it's not really that big of a deal, it's just hard to wrap my head around it when I've only recently started feeling like I'm a little older than right out of college.  It's good to still feel so young, right?  Not just delusional?! At any rate, my husband is taking me out to dinner on Saturday night and his parents are taking the whole family out to dinner on Sunday night.  So I need to be really careful about what I eat for both breakfast and lunch, and then the food that I choose to eat for dinner.  Otherwise my Sunday weigh-in will be uncomfortable.

Next weekend I get to celebrate my birthday with my family, but I won't have to be as careful about my choices.  We're going snowshoeing (I'm really excited) and I've figured out that I burn about 2,000 calories hiking through the snow.  We never stay on the trail so we end up wading through the deep powder which is a really good workout.  Since I'm not sure that I could eat much more than 2,000 calories in one day before bursting,  I can be a bit less strict with the food choices that day.

I'd also like to thank everyone who reached out to me after reading yesterday's post.  I feel so much less alone and more confident that with all the support of our friends and family that we'll be able to find the strength and resources to help our son.  We are truly blessed and extremely grateful!

2 comments: