Friday, February 28, 2014

Grateful for Music

I haven't been sleeping very well this week, but last night I finally managed to get a good night of sleep.  It's funny though how when I'm actually sleeping well, it's harder to get up when the alarm goes off at 4:15.  I will admit that I did not feel at all like working out this morning since I was so tired, but I put my earbuds in and managed to jog.  I don't think I would have been able to if it wasn't for the music, so I'm feeling especially grateful for music today.

My favorite bands tend toward the angsty, alternative hard rock persuasion:  Avenged Sevenfold, Rise Against, Three Days Grace, Ignite, and Disturbed.  Although I actually have a very eclectic taste in music and this morning I went with a total guilty pleasure, Breathe Carolina.  The techno hip-hop with a sprinkling of hard rock was just what I needed to get my body moving.  It's not always easy to make the right choice even when we know it's the right choice and really want to obtain the end goal.  Because of this, we all need to find those things, whether they be mantras, a favorite workout outfit, a partner (human or canine), or whatever it is that keeps us going.  Mine happened to be music this morning.

So rock on!  However you choose to do so!
Yes, those are all CDs; and we don't even collect physical media anymore.  I do have lots of choices when it comes to music!



No comments:

Post a Comment