Monday, September 22, 2014

Weekly Weigh-In # 7

I realize that I'm a day late on this post; life just got in the way of my motivation yesterday.  I did put a little weight on this week, but given that I was on a business trip in Chicago and it's less than 1 pound, I'm actually going to count this one as a win.  Well, maybe not a win, but definitely not a loss.

Week 7:  137.4



I was on a business trip with a co-worker and thought it would be exceptionally rude not to eat with her, so I made the decision to put some of my eating plans on hold.  However, I did still really try to pay attention to my portion sizes, and the type of food I ordered (when we weren't eating Chicago-style pizza anyway).

One of the most difficult things that I've found about making good food choices is dealing with social situations.  My husband's family are total foodies, and they like to eat out at nice restaurants to celebrate.  At every job I've ever held, meals and food are often the key type of celebrations for birthdays and project accomplishments.  Sometimes I just don't worry what anyone else will think and just put my foot down and won't participate, but other times I give in and eat like everyone else.

At any rate, I'm back home again this week and it should be easier to be in situations where I can make better food choices.  So hopefully next week will be moving back down again, even if I'm not being overly hard on myself this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment