Saturday, May 31, 2014

Double Digits!

Little man is 10 today!  It's hard to believe that an entire decade has passed since I become a mother of my second child, a sweet little boy.  I mean "little" quite literally.  We didn't find out the gender of our first child so I was surprised by the birth of my 8 lbs 4 oz baby girl.  We decided to find out the gender the second time partly to try it differently, and so the whole concept would be a little less abstract for our daughter.  When I found out I was going to have a boy I was elated, one of each gender.  But I was also worried because I knew several people who had a daughter first and a son second, and their sons were so much bigger than their daughters.  I was thinking if he was much bigger than his sister that I'd need a c-section.  But he was born blue, with his cord wrapped around his neck, at only 5 lbs 15 oz; an ounce smaller than I'd been as a baby.  Thank goodness we had such an experienced OBGYN who got that cord cut immediately and got him on oxygen.  





He's been a source of joy and fun since the day he was born.  He's always been less serious and doesn't mind just being goofy.  Sometimes we have to reign that in a bit, but we try to let him be himself as much as possible.  He's always been a good sport about letting his sister dress him up and even put makeup on him.  Although at ten now he's starting to be less tolerant of his parent's goofiness, he's still easier on us in that regard than his sister has been since she was about three years old.








Although we have our challenges with his behavioral issues, we also see some wonderful personality traits in him.  He's very intelligent, and if he's interested in something he will learn the most amazing facts to share.  Math comes naturally to him and it's been fun watching him do that homework over the years.  He loves animals and small children and he's incredibly sweet and gentle around them.





Happy birthday to my boy, I'm so excited to have a day to celebrate my special little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment