Sunday, May 25, 2014

Weekly Weigh-In and Some Random Thoughts

So...week 18 of tracking and I'm 0.3 pounds less than I when I started.  That's a bit disheartening.  I clearly need to get more serious if I really want to lose this weight.

Starting weigh-in:  136.0
Current weigh-in:  135.7


My husband and I had a date night last night for the first time in quite awhile.  The kids spent the night with their grandparents, so we didn't even have to worry about getting home at a certain time.  We enjoyed dinner together at a local Polish restaurant (which may be a little bit of the reason that today's weigh-in wasn't better).

Random Thought 1:  There are some weeks that I feel like I should get hazardous duty pay for doing the laundry.  Like this week when my son slid down a muddy hillside into the creek.  Then didn't even bother to remove the legos from his pockets before putting his muddy shorts into the hamper.

Random Thought 2:  I'm tired of seeing studies that report something causes death.  You know what causes death?  Life.  Every single living thing eventually dies:  people, animals, and plants.  You know what doesn't die?  Things that were never alive to begin with, like rocks.  If people want to report in studies that something causes premature death, then I'm all for that.  But saying that an activity or a way of eating causes death is disingenuous.  Yes, I have a mild case of OCD which is probably why I think exacting language is so important, but I do think it is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment