Thursday, May 29, 2014

Mid-Week Weigh-In

If you looked at my weigh-in this past Sunday and wondered why I haven't really gained or lost any weight; there's a reason for that.  I generally eat pretty well early in the week, and my weight will start to go down a bit.  Then towards the end of the week and over the weekend, I have a difficult time sustaining good choices and by Sunday, my weight's back up again.  Because I'm making a commitment and an effort to do better, I thought I'd give myself a push and share my weigh-in from this morning.

133.7

This is down two pounds thanks to being very diligent about workouts (although to be honest, workouts have never really been my problem) and good food choices (this has always been my issue).  I only need to lose between 10 and 15 pounds total.  If I could keep this up, I'd be at my goal weight in about 2 months.  Sometimes I get frustrated and disillusioned and wonder why it even matters.  But then I stop to focus on how I'm feeling and realize that while I don't feel terrible, I would feel better if I weighed between 120 and 125 pounds. (I'm about 5'5").

Another thing that has been helping is that Denver recently closed the downtown bus station where all of the express buses used to drop folks off.  They moved into a new space in the old Union Station, which is about 3 blocks further away from my office.  After I finally figured out how to walk from the station (navigating all the continuing construction has been interesting), I decided to use my pedometer today and see what the actual distance was to my office.  It's a little over a 1/2 mile from where the bus drops me off to my office building.  I can't walk as quickly as I normally would since I need to stop at intersections (getting run over by a car wouldn't do much for my health goals), but I was still able to do a little better than 3 1/2 miles per hour, in my work clothes.  Having that extra mile walk each day definitely isn't hurting, even if it isn't quite as aerobic.




No comments:

Post a Comment