Thursday, May 1, 2014

Generosity

If you read my post about my father following his death, you read about what a generous person he was.  It seems that he's continuing to be generous even now.  My mom received a letter that doctors were able to use his corneas for two people in Egypt who received successful corneal implants.  He had a few other organs the hospital told us they'd be able to harvest; hopefully we'll hear if those were able to be used successfully.  It's comforting to know that someone received a gift from his passing, and I know he would be happy to know that he was able to help others.

.

Things are greening up nicely around here.  We've had lots of sun recently (and lots of wind) and it's been nice to get outside and enjoy nature.




I'm going to have to get back on track with my health goals soon.  The last few weeks I just haven't been able to focus on eating right, though I have continued to exercise every morning.  I also have a doctor's appointment next week (I...uh, skipped 3 years of annual exams...ahem).  I'm hoping that maybe he can run some tests and while I know that I still need to make better choices, maybe I won't have to fight so hard if there's something out of whack with my thyroid that the doctor can help with.  I probably won't post a weigh-in this weekend since I haven't really been tracking, but I will again next weekend.  I've got to figure out how to get my head back in the game so I can be healthy and feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment