Saturday, May 3, 2014

Before and After

This morning I got to sit in my empty family room for the first time since we moved into our house over 11 years ago.


Our fireplace is a bit messy because we were trying to keep things out of the way for our new furniture delivery.


Here's the picture of our family room a few hours later with our new furniture (the fireplace hasn't been picked up yet).

I actually had very mixed feelings about getting the new furniture today.  We ordered it a couple of months ago and when we had everyone over for my daughter's birthday party in March, my dad was asking when he'd get to see the new furniture.  So it was a little sad getting it today and knowing he'd never see it.  I know this will continue to get easier, but I think there are going to be things that happen for at least a year that will feel like a gut punch when I realize that my dad won't be here to share the experiences any longer.

The new sofa and loveseat are very comfortable and I think they look nice.  For years the kids have had to use bean bags when we watched movies together as a family.  Now they have their own reclining seats to sit in, and they got the old furniture in their basement playroom to use with their friends.  So even though this is another part of the grief of loss that I have to deal with; I'm still glad we received our furniture today.

No comments:

Post a Comment