Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Good Day

Today was a good day.  I used my stress management strategies and successfully controlled my mood even during some very trying times.  I did longer intervals during my run this morning and it felt really good.  I don't think it will take long before I'm able to just run again.  I ate fairly well even though we unexpectedly had to eat dinner out.  I also got to hold a baby.


The picture is a little awkward because I was holding her with my left arm and taking the photo with my right hand.  She's 5 weeks old and just too adorable, plus it was really good to see her momma again too.  I do miss this age, but I know that I'm too old now to stay up all night, although since I don't sleep very well anyway maybe that wouldn't matter.  But I just can't imagine starting over now that my kids are older and so much more independent.  It's probably just best to get my baby fix this way now.

We've been under tornado warnings today.  At work the sirens actually went off and everyone was asked to move to the interior of the building.  But there was no damage at work or at home.  I love listening to the distant thunder and watching the lightening as long as know that everyone's safe.


Our stormy skies tonight, right before it started raining again.

No comments:

Post a Comment